- With the exception of visitors from India, Bangladesh and Maldives, all other visitors to Bhutan need a Visa.
- Visas are only issued to tourists who booked tour packages with local tour operators.
- Visa application is submitted by tour operator on behalf of visitors.
- Visa is issued by Tourism Council of Bhutan in Thimphu, Bhutan.
- The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan and this must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
- A one-time Visa application fee of USD 40 per guest is charged. This is non-refundable.
How long does it take to get my Bhutan Visa?
Visa is usually approved about 1 to 2 weeks before your arrival in Bhutan. This is to accommodate travellers who have to make last minute changes to their plans.
Do I need to send you my passport for Bhutan visa application?
No, we only require a clear colour scan of the detail page of your passport as per below sample. Bhutan travel visa application is a digital submission process; thus, we do not need to retain your passport but only submit a digital scan of your passport.
How would my Bhutan visa look like?
Your visa application will be a digital submission and it will come as an electronic document. You will need to print out the document and carry it with you. Visa verification is required when you check in for your flight and when you reach the immigration checkpoint at Paro International Airport.